The word prompt for this week’s Trifecta Challenge is:
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.
It’s been exactly 6 months since I last did it which is startling considering the frequency being almost daily earlier. I’ve been happily married for 3 years with little to no room for regrets. In fact, we welcomed a baby in our lives 6 months back. Possibly the reason it got pushed further down in the list of priorities.
Or maybe it’s the exhaustion. Free time, if any, equates to idling on the couch bingeing while him staring at me. Although he’s quiet I can sense him saying “Why not now? You disappoint me.”
So in a spur of a moment I decide to shake things up a little. I quickly freshen up, turn the music on to set the mood and walk straight on to him.
The first 2 minutes feel like eternity.
My heart’s beating faster and my legs totally jammed.
“#$%^#&*@&#.” I groan barely 15 minutes on him. My elliptical.
It’s going to be a bitch to get back in form, I realize. After all six months is a long time.