A for Aeroplane.. This is the first thing that came to my mind. Maybe because we travelled to Big Island, Hawaii recently and got to see the plane from so close for the first time. Partly due to the fact that the Big Island airport is really small and you see the planes landing and taking off right in front of you. So took a few shots.
** For the AAA Challenge.
The world through my eyes is mostly a bird’s-eye view while our plane hovers over Maui, making its way to Big island in Hawaii, where we went for a vacation few weeks back.
Well, to be honest, it’s been almost two months since I got back from my really long and relaxing vacation but by the time I settled in, after all the unpacking and jet lag, it was time for another vacation, a very short one though.. Finally, I’m here with no plans to go anywhere for a long long time.. :-) And with lots of photos to share and stories to tell, one post at a time!
Also, many thanks to these soulful blogfriends (Soumya, Gege, Carolyn, Neenslewy, Myspokenheart) who thought of me while I was away and nominated me for awards. Very sweet and gracious of you all.. :-) [** If I’ve missed anyone, it isn’t intentional, just that I’m still sorting all the pending comments and will be replying to them soon so please bear with me.]
As much as I enjoyed my time away, I’ve been itching to get back here and see all the updates. Can’t wait to read all the lovely posts I missed. So see you on your space soon.. :-)
All my bags are packed… I’m ready to go…
It’s that time of the year when we go on an annual vacation. It isn’t to any extra ordinary place (although to me it is the best place in the world) but just back home to our parents. And this time around I’m going for a longer duration. Well, I figured I have the time and the opportunity so why not. However, this means my presence here will be very limited and I won’t be reading or commenting on your lovely posts as often as I’d like but promise to come back rejuvenated in a few weeks. :-)
Until we connect again, keep writing/reading and stay happy. See you on the other side of my break :-) Also, a very Happy Valentine’s Day to all the lovey dovey souls out there.. :-)
PS: Earlier I wasn’t going to post this but then thought I should let those few wonderful souls know who might wonder about my disappearance from here.
* Pic is from the net.
Ailsa has posted “Multiples” as the theme for this week’s travel photos and have seen such an amazing collection posted by others. Here’s my selection. Although they are multiples of the same object but not necessarily fill the frame but I had so much finding these pics from various albums that I’m posting them anyways! :-)
1. This is the ceiling of the Bellagio Hotel lobby in Las Vegas.
2. Now this shot captures a lot of multiples – People, Christmas trees, Lights and ofcourse that beautiful decor on the ceiling.
3. Ornaments dangling from the roof in one of the hotels.
4. What are the odds that you have all these Zebras looking straight into the camera for a shot?
5. I like how some of these Flamingos manage to stand on just one leg and balance themselves quite well.
6. The snow. The trees. And the lights. Had to capture this view.
7. These windmills and many more are very close to our home and almost every time I capture them. And they always end up being a very different shot.
8. Flower beds.
9. San Francisco snapshot as seen from Golden Gate Bridge.
10. And last but not the least, one of the side views of the Las Vegas Strip.
Hope you enjoyed seeing the pics as much as I enjoyed posting them! Thanks, Ailsa for this fabulous theme that allowed me to get into my past albums. :-)